Thursday, June 25, 2009

How it happenned

06/7/2009
This is where the nightmare begins playing soccer as a goalkeeper in the second half with 5 minutes to go in the game. We where winning 1-0 when I went after a loose ball and won possesion. As I was getting ready to throw the ball I just the most horrible physical pain as the other teams forward did an illegal slide and hit me right in the back of the knee causing me to bend and fall to the ground. I did not see the hit coming just felt something pop and remember being in the ground screaming in pain.
I was hoping it was a bone and nothing serious. I had to be taken off the soccer field and started icing my knee.
The swelling started a few hours after the injury and by the next day I was unable to alot of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment